MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS
Invitation for Bids
Renovation of Barracks at Police Station, Polgahawela
1. The Chairman, Department Procurement Committee,ÂÂ on behalf of the Department of Buildings now invitesÂÂ sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for “Renovation of Barracks at Police Station, Polgahawela” as described below and estimated to cost Rs. 13.5 million(excluding VAT).
The construction period is 182 Days.
2. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding Procedure.
3. To be eligible for contract award, the successful bidder shall not have been blacklisted and shall be registered in the field of building construction for Grade C6 or aboveÂÂ with the Construction Industry Development Authority (CIDA), valid until the date of closing of the bids. Further the registration should be valid at the date of award.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Chief Engineer (Zone3), Department of Buildings, Wilgoda Road, Kurunegala and inspect the Bidding Documents at the same address on any working day from 9:00hrs to 16:00 hrs.
Contact numbers are: Phone: 037 2222437, Facsimile: 037 2222197
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the Chief Engineer (Zone3), Department of Buildings, Wilgoda Road, Kurunegala from 22-10-2018ÂÂÂÂ until 05-11-2018 from 9:00hrs to 15:00 hrs upon payment of a non refundable fee of Rupees four thousand(Rs. 4,000/-).
6. Bids shall be delivered or sent by registered post to the Chairman, Department Procurement Committee, Department of Buildings, 2nd Floor, “Sethsiripaya”, Battaramulla to reach on or before 10:00 hrs onÂÂ 07-11-2018. Bids will be opened soon after closing at the Contract Branch, Department of Buildings, 2nd Floor, “Sethsiripaya”, Battaramulla in presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
7. Bids shall be valid for a period of 91 Days from the last date fixed for receiving of Bids or any extended period.
8. All Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security which shall be;
- in the form included in Section 09 of the bidding document
- in favour of Director General of Buildings
- for an amount of Rs. 220,000.00
- validup to 05th March 2019
- issued by one of the agencies indicated in the clause 16.2 of the Bidding Data
9. Bidders are advised to enter “Sethsiripaya” Premises at least 1 hour before the scheduled time for Bid closing, due to security checking.
Eng. M.H.M. Ismail
Director General of Buildings
Department of Buildings