MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS
Invitation for Bids
Construction of Proposed Police Station at Mullaitivu
1. The Chairman, Ministry Procurement Committee,on behalf of the Department of Buildings now invitessealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for "Construction of Proposed Police Station at Mullaitivu" as described below and estimated to cost Rs. 145.7 million(excluding VAT).
The construction period is 364 Days.
2. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding Procedure.
3. To be eligible for contract award, the successful bidder shall not have been blacklisted and shall be registered in the field of building construction for Grade C4 or above with the Construction Industry Development Authority (CIDA), valid until the date of closing of the bids. Further the registration should be valid at the date of award.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Chief Engineer (Zone 02), Department of Buildings, Beach Road,Gurunagar,Jaffna and inspect the Bidding Documents at the same address on any working day from 9:00hrs to 16:00 hrs.
Contact numbers are: Phone: 021-2222781, Facsimile: 021-2222781
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the Chief Engineer (Zone 02), Department of Buildings, Beach Road,Gurunagar, Jaffna from 29-09-2017 until 23-10-2017 from 9:00hrs to 15:00 hrs upon payment of a non refundable fee of Rupees twenty four thousand (Rs. 24,000.00).
6. Bids shall be delivered or sent by registered post to the Chairman, Ministry Procurement Committee, C/o Director (Engineering Services), Ministry of Housing and Construction, 2nd Floor, Sethsiripaya Stage I Battaramulla to reach on or before 11:00 hrs on 24-10-2017. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened soon after closing at the Ministry of Housing and Construction, 2nd floor "Sethsiripaya", Battaramulla in presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend.
7. Bids shall be valid for a period of 91 Days from the last date fixed for receiving of Bids or any extended period.
8. All Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security which shall be;
- in the form included in Section 09 of the bidding document
- in favour of Director General of Buildings
- for an amount of Rs. 1,900,000.00
- validup to 19th February 2018
- issued by one of the agencies indicated in the clause 16.2 of the Bidding Data
9. Pre-bid meeting will be held on 17-10-2017 at 10:00 hrs at Chief Engineer's office (Zone 02), Department of Buildings, Beach Road, Gurunagar, Jaffna.
10. Bidders are advised to enter "Sethsiripaya" Premises at least 1 hour before the scheduled time for Bid closing, due to security checking.
Eng. M.R. Jeyachandran
Director General of Buildings
Department of Buildings