MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS
Invitation for Bids
Construction of Building for Labour Office at Badulla
1. The Chairman, Ministry Procurement Committee,on behalf of the Department of Buildings now invitessealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for “Construction of Building for Labour Office at Badulla” as described below and estimated to cost of Rs.162.2(Excluding VAT).
Work Consists of: Construction of four Storied Building including foundation, supper structure, finishing works, plumbing, electrical installation etc.
The construction period is 728 Days.
2. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding Procedure.
3. To be eligible for contract award, the successful bidder shall not have been blacklisted and shall be registered in the field of building construction for Grade C4or above with the Construction Industry Development Authority (CIDA), valid until the date of closing of the bids. Further the registration should be valid at the date of award.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Chief Engineer (Zone 5), Department of Buildings, Kandy, and inspect the bidding documents at the same address from 05-11-2018 to 26-11-2018 on any working days (from 9:00hrs to 16:00)
Contact numbers are: Tel: 081-2236653, Fax :081-2234255.
5.A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the Chief Engineer (Zone 5), Department of Buildings, Kandy, from 05-11-2018until 28-11-2018from 9:00hrs to 15:00 hrs upon payment of a non refundable fee of Rupees twenty seven thousand (Rs. 27,000 /-).
6.Bids shall be delivered or sent by registered post to the Chairman, C/o Director (Engineering Services), Ministry Procurement Committee, Ministry of Housing & Construction,2nd Floor, “Sethsiripaya”, Battaramulla to reach on or before 11:00 hrs on 29-11-2018. Bids will be opened soon after closing at the Ministry of Housing & Construction, 2nd Floor, “Sethsiripaya”, Battaramulla in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
7.Bids shall be valid for a period of 91 Days from the date fixed for closing of Bids or any extended period.
8. All Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security which shall be;
- in the form included in Section 09 in the Bidding document.
- in favour of Director General of Buildings.
- for an amount of Rs.2,500,000.00
- validup to27th March 2019
- issued by one of the agencies indicated in the clause 16.2 of the Bidding Data.
9. Pre-bid meeting will be held on 23rd November 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at the Office of Chief Engineer (Zone 5), Department of Buildings, Kandy.
10.Bidders are advised to enter “Sethsiripaya” Premises at least 1 hour before the scheduled time for bid closing, due to security checking.
Eng. M.H.M. Ismail
Director General of Buildings
Department of Buildings