MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS
Invitation for Bids
Construction of Two Storied Administration Block for Divisional Secretariat at Kandavali, Kilinochchi (Balance work)
1. The Chairman, Department Procurement Committee,on behalf of the Department of Buildings now invitessealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for “Construction of Two Storied Administration Block for Divisional Secretariat at Kandavali, Kilinochchi (Balance work)” as described below and estimated to cost Rs. 25.4million(excluding VAT).
The construction period is 182 Days.
2. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding Procedure.
3. To be eligible for contract award, the successful bidder shall not have been blacklisted and shall be registered in the field of building construction for Grade C5 or above with the Construction Industry Development Authority (CIDA), valid until the date of closing of the bids. Further the registration should be valid at the date of award.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Chief Engineer (Zone2), Department of Buildings, Beach Road, Gurunagar, Jaffna and inspect the Bidding Documents at the same address on any working day from 9:00hrs to 16:00 hrs.
Contact numbers are: Phone: 021-2222781, Facsimile: 021-2222781
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the Chief Engineer (Zone2), Department of Buildings, Beach Road, Gurunagar, Jaffna from 26-10-2018until 19-11-2018 from 9:00hrs to 15:00 hrs upon payment of a non refundable fee of Rupees six thousand(Rs.6,000/-).
6. Bids shall be delivered or sent by registered post to the Chairman, Department Procurement Committee, Department of Buildings, 2nd Floor, “Sethsiripaya”, Battaramulla to reach on or before 10:00 hrs on 21-11-2018. Bids will be opened soon after closing at the Contract Branch, Department of Buildings, 2nd Floor, “Sethsiripaya”, Battaramulla in presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
7. Bids shall be valid for a period of 91 Days from the last date fixed for receiving of Bids or any extended period.
8. All Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security which shall be;
- in the form included in Section 09 of the bidding document
- in favour of Director General of Buildings
- for an amount of Rs. 350,000.00
- validup to 19th March 2019
- issued by one of the agencies indicated in the clause 16.2 of the Bidding Data
9. Bidders are advised to enter “Sethsiripaya” Premises at least 1 hour before the scheduled time for Bid closing, due to security checking.
Eng. M.H.M. Ismail
Director General of Buildings
Department of Buildings